2017 was a BANNER YEAR for the TTCC… literally!
We had several amazing team and individual accomplishments this year:
- The 3rd & 4th grade coed basketball tournament team were the Franklin Tournament champions!
- The 5th & 6th grade girls basketball tournament team were the runners up
- The 10U Newfound Baseball tournament team were district runners up
- In our Granite State Track & Field program, Newfound’s very own Tyrone Belyea was the STATE CHAMPION in the hammer throw & set a state record in the process!
We had some great NEW offerings in 2017 as well:
- We were able to offer SWIM LESSONS for the first time in over 10 years. Thanks to the Town of Bristol offering us a spot at Cummings Beach and being able to get an amazing new instructor, Will Walker, we had 26 kids participate in lessons this summer.
- We were also fortunate to partner up with Mortensen & McKellar Karate to offer NEW KARATE LESSONS on Tuesdays & Thursdays upstairs here at the TTCC. They’ve already built up a large group of students and accept new interested students at any time – check them out!
Other noteworthy 2017 TTCC programs that saw participation levels reach all-time highs include:
- The Shape Up Newfound Exercise Class group has been going strong for years now & continues to help improve and maintain the health of many local exercisers. Instructors Bonnie Tisdale & Donna Evans keep the classes fresh with new ideas and music making getting and staying in shape fun! People of all fitness levels are welcomed to join in anytime!
- We had a strong adult softball league this year with 5 teams participating throughout the summer. This is a great way to get some exercise, have fun & meet some awesome local people!
- The Mother & Son Game night saw over 30 moms & their sons participate in some wild & crazy games as they spent a special night bonding together here at the TTCC.
- We have two high school & two 7th & 8th grade recreational basketball teams. This is something we offer to kids not on the school teams that still want to play. So there are over 40 teens participating on these teams that wouldn’t otherwise be able to play!
Our goal is to keep building upon the many programs we have to make them stronger each year and also look to offer new & exciting programs as the opportunities arise. As you can see, it was truly a banner year & many memories were made in 2017!
The TTCC Staff & Council would like to wish everyone a Happy & Healthy 2018!
Pictured above: 10U Baseball District Runner Up, Shape Up Newfound Exercise Group,
Teen Council’s Parents Night Out & Special Olympics Young Athletes Program!